Friday, July 14, 2006

4:05 P.M.

I'd gotten a late start on the second part of my adventurous half-day off. So I was already a little bit annoyed with myself when I got on the Water Taxi shuttle bus to head up to the Junction for the West Seattle Summerfest. I would be cutting it close to get there in time to see one of the bands that I wanted to see (Green Pajamas). But the driver was making good time through the beach traffic, so I thought I'd make it there in time anyway. Until we got to Seacrest Park. That's where he stopped and said, "Uh...I don't usually drive this route during the week. I just realized I'm not leaving here until 4:25. You'll have to get off the bus until then." And for the briefest nanosecond, I thought, "Oh great. Twenty minutes. I'm stuck here." And then I came to my senses and realized, "I'm stuck here. At the beach. Right at one of the best vantage points Seattle has to offer. AND I have my camera and all of my lenses with me." And just like that, the nuisance factor was decreased to zero.


View across Elliott Bay to downtown:











I'm waving at you:









Cool rock:











Crab claw:










(I did end up missing Green PJs, but made it with time to spare to see John Doe at 5:30-especially since he didn't actually start playing until 6:00 p.m.!) Posted by Picasa