Sunday, May 28, 2006

All Aquiver for Copper River
Yesterday, I purchased this slab of Copper River salmon at Jack's Fish Spot at Pike Place. I hoped I had enough charcoal to grill it. I didn't. (But sweet Dave on his way from the home from the airport today stopped and bought me some more charcoal.) So this afternoon, I prepared a little rub/cure of brown sugar, kosher salt, pepper, and the zest of two lemons and one lime. I let it sit on the salmon for about an hour in the fridge and then I threw it on the grill and cooked it. Then I gently scraped off the rub and lightly brushed some olive oil onto the salmon. It was pretty darn good. Although next
time I think I would take the rub off before
grilling the salmon. (It seemed borderline salty.)
Anyway, there's plenty left for me to do further taste analysis on... Posted by Picasa