Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Not-So Velvet Evening
OK. So I was hoping to report that my first coat of Velvet Evening had gone on smoothly and already looked terrific, even before being finished with a second coat of paint. No such luck.

Things looked suspicious the moment I opened up the can of paint. It had a consistency of something in between pudding and frosting. (All of the other colors of paint have been more like a half-melted milkshake.) I went ahead and put some on the wall, where it looked horrible. Then I consulted with Dave about it. We decided that we would just consider this to be primer or a base coat. I finished the whole wall, and it looks awful. I have a feeling it's going to take a few days to dry, and when it finally does, I'll have to sand half of it off and start all over again.

I thought I was so close to being finished with painting. But apparently, I'm not.
 Posted by Picasa