Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Serious Pie
Mike and I tried out Tom Douglas' latest venture (Serious Pie) for lunch today. I guess it finally opened on Saturday. It was the best pizza I've ever had...so good, in fact, that I'm not even sure it should be called pizza. Mike and I started things off by sharing the starter of roasted peach and prosciutto. Then we ordered the foraged mushroom with truffled cheese pizza. It was so delicious that Mike said that we had to try one more kind...so we went with the clam and pancetta next. I am NOT having dinner tonight! I'm still full from lunch. It's going to be a struggle for me to stay away from that place. But when you're so happy with a meal that you're afraid to eat again, (because you know whatever you eat next won't measure up... ) Well, that's good stuff!



























Slice of mushroom pie:











Slice of clam and pancetta pie: Posted by Picasa