Friday, August 25, 2006

Gone Fishing
Really. I went fishing. Dave, Dad and I went on the salmon charter that Dave's parents usually go on when they're up here. We left out of Chinook, onto the Columbia River and then out to the Pacific where, over the course of 5 hours, we caught about 18 fish, eight of which were OK to keep. I had a good time, and it was great to be out on a boat again. However, the "thrill" of reeling in a fish kind of escapes me. It's more thrilling to me to see the fish on the deck and imagine his future possibilities... Gravlax? Ceviche? Grilled? Planked? Smoked? I am happy to leave the reeling to the people who really enjoy it (while I do my menu planning.)



Hook central:








The first six keepers, cleaned by Tom, (our great guide):
















The first of the two fish I reeled in (and the only one that we could keep):










Our eight silvers (although this shot makes it look more like seven and a half): Posted by Picasa