Monday, June 09, 2008

Cupboard Was Bare Bruschetta

I needed to go grocery shopping after work, but it was rainy and windy and not all that warm (they mentioned on the news tonight that this was the coldest first week of June here since 1890-something) so I just stayed on the bus and went directly home. So, I had to come up with something from what I had on hand. Tuh-duh: Kale, pancetta and golden raisin bruschetta. I sauteed the pancetta with some garlic and red pepper flakes in a little olive oil, added the raisins and then dumped in the lacinto kale. I sauteed everything for awhile and then covered the pan and let it steam away for quite awhile, then I stirred in a dash or two of balsamic vinegar and threw it all on top of grilled olive bread which I "buttered" with herbed goat cheese. Pretty good for what I like to refer to as a "desperation dinner."
Posted by Picasa