Wednesday, June 25, 2008

'Cot in the Act

As soon as I saw this kebab recipe in the current issue of Everyday Food, I knew I'd have to make it. When apricots went on sale at my grocery store, I knew the time had come. I only tweaked a few things about the recipe. Instead of salt, I added light soy sauce to the basting sauce. I also tossed the pork cubes with a combo of smoked paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, dried chipotle and kosher salt. Tasty! I served this with plain jasmine rice and a delicious salad of arugula, red onion, apricots, dried cranberries, goat cheese and fennel tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette. I wanted to top the salad with pistachios, but I didn't have any, so I used pepitas instead. Still good.





Magazine's finished product:
















My skewers on the grill:

Posted by Picasa