Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dinner in Three Courses

This is what happens when it's this hot: I can't stand the heat, so I stay out of the kitchen. At least for long periods of time. The rule for tonight's dinner was that I couldn't be upstairs for longer than 15 minutes per course. (The basement was made for days like this.)

Course one: Lemon Garbanzo and Celery Salad (left over from last night, prep time = approximately 30 seconds. Delicious!










Course two: Bruschetta in a Bowl/Bread Salad/Dry Gazpacho (call it what you want, but it took about 12 minutes to make).










Course three: Simple Arugula Salad (prep time two minutes).











And there you have it. A light supper for a hot day. As a reward for drinking about four glasses of water with dinner, I plan on sipping on a delicious Grey Goose-A-Rita for dessert. (My favorite margarita recipe made with vodka instead of tequila...also left over from last night.)
Posted by Picasa