Saturday, February 20, 2010

Roasted Romanesco Pecorino Pasta

Tonight's dinner (and tomorrow's leftovers). Whittled down some romanesco cauliflower, tossed it with some olive oil and salt and stuck it in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes, tossing it a couple times. Got the water boiling for the pasta. Chopped up some garlic and threw it in a pan with some olive oil, butter and salt, then added some breadcrumbs until everything got toasty. Then I took the crumbs out and set them aside. Put the pasta into boil. In the same pan I cooked the breadcrumbs in, I added about a tablespoon of olive oil, some more garlic and some red pepper flakes. As the pasta approached the end of its cooking time in the other pot, I added the roasted romanesco to skillet with the olive oil and garlic, tossing it around a little bit. Then I added a healthy coating of finely grated Pecorino Romano and then the drained (now finished) pasta. I also added about a quarter cup of pasta water and stirred everything around until it got creamy and melty. Dumped it in a bowl and then sprinkled the top with the breadcrumbs. (I saved and refrigerated the rest of the bread crumbs, because they're always delicious on top of these veggie pastas.)
Posted by Picasa