Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pike Place Market

Yesterday was a lovely day, relatively warm and sunny and I had planned on taking my camera and doing some serious picture-taking.  However, I ended up getting a very late start and ended up at Pike Place in the afternoon.  It was filled with tourists.  Uggh.  Slow-walking, super-gawking and my least favorite attribute of all, their insistence on walking three or four abreast.  (Were you hoping to get around us, Seattleite who knows where you're going?  Well, it's not going to happen.  Just stand behind us until we figure out where those guys are who throw the fish.)  Let me reiterate in the form of an equation: Sun + Weekend = Crowd at the market.  Winter is over.  The tourists are here.  

On the bright side--since it was so crowded with people taking pictures of everything that anyone who's ever gone to the market takes pictures of (produce, flowers, Pike Place Market sign), I ended up taking shots of some of the utilitarian things that make the market work.  I think I'm going to try do some more of these.

 
Lights near newsstand:
 














Gears over Mee Sum Pastry:
Posted by Picasa